Saturday, August 10, 2013

Playing Catch up. . .April Guild

Spring is long gone and as you can see I am playing catch up.   Although I don’t have pictures from every month, I do have a couple that I would like to share.

April found the Kennel Girls buzzing with excitement.  It was a work meeting and everyone had been looking forward to spending a few hours together.  Although I was not able to stay, I popped in for a while and then left my camera for the gals to snap a few pics.

Rae Ann was busily setting up.

IMG_0553

Doesn’t she look organized?

IMG_0554

Sue showed us what a great start she had on her 2’ square blocks.  This is a quilt project we are working on for our ‘2014’ Quilt Show.

IMG_0555

I’m not sure which is more ‘happy’, Susann’s smile or her cheery sweater and scarf.

IMG_0558

Each month we go through our stash and bring an assortment of 2” squares to share.  Lynda, Jill, and Amanda are gathering theirs.

IMG_0559

Lynda had been busy and shared some fun show and tell.

IMG_0562

IMG_0564

IMG_0566

Her and her sister, Jill showed us these darling ‘play’ houses they had made.

IMG_0569

IMG_0572

It makes you wish you were a little girl again.

Here’s Laurie poking her head out from this beauty she shared.

IMG_0574

Now it’s Sue’s turn.  As usual, she has been ever so busy.

IMG_0579

IMG_0580

IMG_0583

For this months demonstration Diana taught a technique called ruching that  she learned from Becky, the owner of Stitches and So Forth, ( Morgansen’s ) Quilt Shop in Payson.

IMG_0588

IMG_0594

IMG_0590

IMG_0592

Isn’t it darling?  I love it!

Everyone had a wonderful time working on projects and look forward to the next work meeting!

hugs,

From the Kennel Girls!

p.s. I mentioned sharing a few recipes in the previous post.  We are holding quild this coming Tuesday and I will get the recipes and will share all three of them in a post.  Sorry that I am so slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment