Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tie One On!

Oh my what a fun January meeting!

One of our members, Rae Ann volunteered to do a trunk show of her vintage aprons and also show us how to make an apron out of an old men or woman’s shirt.

As we entered the room we were greeted with a bounty of aprons.

IMG_5017

Our president, Diana arrived early and helped Rae Ann set up her wonderful display.

IMG_5023

What a display it was.  All kinds of vintage eye candy!

2012-01-101

Before we started the show Diana passed out patterns for our charity quilt to those who hadn’t received them.

IMG_5024

Then she turned the time over to me for a plug for our ‘Kennel Blog’

Keeping with the theme of this months guild:  The Three R’s:  Recycle, Reuse, and Recreate.  In Mary Janes Farm Magazine this month she used the terms:  Rescue, Resurrect, Restore, and Re-Market.

I showed a couple of recreated items.

Here I am posing (a bit silly) with my recreated doggy bag.  Now ladies, this bag holds a bundle.  I have taken it on get-aways and it is great! Hey, it’s big enough to hide my not so small tush!

IMG_5026

Wouldn’t it be dog-gone fun if all of us gals had one?

Well, I’m going to start it off.  I’m not saying when, but sometime in the near future I will be giving a doggy bag away to one of our followers.  You’ll just have to check in every now and then to find out when.

IMG_5025

I also showed a pillow that I made from a pink chenille sham that I picked up at the D.I. for $1.50.  Yes, I do have eyes.  They just seem to always be closed.  lol!

IMG_5035

Next it was time for ‘Show and Tell’

Diana showed us her cheery tulip (mystery quilt) she made from Morgansens in Payson.  Won’t that polka dot be cute on the back?

2012-01-103

Jill made this darling Christmas quilt for a display in “Just Sew”.  Linda from the shop quilted it.  The design was fantastic!  She chose minky for her backing.  What a warm and wonderful quilt!

2012-01-104

On with the show!

Look at these two.  Don’t they look like they’re ready for Valentines Day?

IMG_5022

Rae Ann’s collection was absolutely breathtaking!

2012-01-10

2012-01-102

Look at the darling detail on this cute gingham number.

IMG_5056IMG_5054IMG_5055

When it comes to aprons, it’s all about the details.  It was so interesting how this design was created.

IMG_5092IMG_5093

Wouldn’t you love to have a collection like this?  I have quite a few aprons.  Some vintage and some new, but mine don’t hold a candle to this ladies!

2012-01-105

IMG_5110

This group once belonged to her husbands Aunt, Iva Lou .  Rae Ann said that she was a very tall lady.  I’m going by memory here, so sorry if I am wrong.  Wondering about the first one on the left.

2012-01-10

Not only were there aprons to work in, but aprons for ‘Sunday Best’.

IMG_5071IMG_5072

This little one was reversible.  One side to cook in and one to serve in.  Can you guess which is which?  Both look pretty darn cute to me!

IMG_5080IMG_5081

All of you ladies that crochet will appreciate this.

IMG_5097

This one was made from dishcloths.  CLEVER!

IMG_5069

These are new aprons that Rae Ann has made herself.

2012-01-104

Just look at this darling apron she made from a mans gingham shirt.  The pocket is made from the shirt sleeve and cuff.  Love the trim.  Like I say, it’s all about the details!

2012-01-103

Next she showed us two more shirts and the embellishments she was going to use.  Does this woman ever sleep?  I think not!!!

What a cute pocket this dish towel will make!

IMG_5119

IMG_5121

This will be a half & half apron.  Can’t wait to see it finished.

IMG_5122

Check out last months post to see another sweet apron she created from a woman’s shirt.

Diana, Susann, and Judy showed the shirts that they are going to transform into an apron.

2012-01-102

Rae Ann gave each of us a folder with all kinds of fun apron handouts.  Including the original story behind and two poems of ‘Grandmothers Apron”.

IMG_5047

By the end she had us all fired up and we were thinking that we needed to start an apron club.  Like any of us NEED another club.

It was unanimous that we would call it “Tie One On”!  As crazy as us girls are, you’d think we’d been tying one on in a different way.  Hee-hee!

IMG_5048

Next month we are going to have a ‘Doggy Treat’ class and work on making  an apron from a shirt. 

So ladies get those shirts and hope to see you there!

I will be sharing this post with:

Little Red House for Mosiac Monday

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I see so many pretty things and the aprons really are wonderful! When you see vintage aprons you realize they were made out of everything and for every occasion! Great post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful collection of aprons. I remember my Mom using them when I would little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely collection of aprons. Your meeting sounds like great fun with wonderful ideas. Wonderful post, have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh a girl just has to have a pretty apron in the kitchen. There were many there and lots of pretty quilts too. V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the aprons! And the club, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to see all of these --such creative expression they show! I love aprons and even have some of my mother's like these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gush those aprons are pretty. And the yellow quilt is my favorite ^_^

    Mosaic Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun! Such a lot to see in this one post. I think I'll have to return and take a closer look. Loved the apron made from a man's shirt. Too clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always worn an apron in the kitchen, started out with half ones and have worn a full one now for years. I think people are surprised when they see me in one as not many wear them any more.
    I like your idea of an apron club. :-) Thanks for sharing the featured collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the aprons!! the gingham is divine!! I am going to be having a vintage booth of my own this summer and would love to see more of you aprons!! www.livingwithporteous.blogspot.com

    thanks
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pure love!! My friend was just asking me about a theme for a bridal shower that is kitchen related.. My first thought was...APRONS!!!! I must lead he3r to you!!!
    Smiles~
    Gypsea Nurse

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm amazed at all of the different colours and designs of these aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a creative bunch you all are. Love those aprons. I even have one similar to the crocheted one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, I need to be in a group like you guys so I would learn a lot of good stuff hahaha. Thanks Jann for deleting the email. Yes it was a scam. My email was hacked last Friday morning. The hacker used it for two hours while I was busy doing my morning rituals. But after the two hour of abused I caught and remedied the situation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jann,
    I just discovered you have another blog. Sure looks like a bunch of ladies that i would love to hang out with! Love the aprons and many other crafts!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and colorful works.

    ReplyDelete