Monday, November 7, 2011

Sweet Retreat!

 

I am trying to play catch up here with the Kennel Girls blog.  Tomorrow we will hold our Nov. meeting.

I thought I had better get my fanny in gear and post about our retreat we went on in September.

Only six of us gals were able to go, but we sure didn’t lack for fun!

We sewed till all hours of the night. . .

IMG_3321

Ate yummy food. . .   So good that someone was caught licking her plate.  Who could blame you Sue, Jill’s stuffed French toast was delicious!

IMG_3320IMG_3318

Banana splits and bean dip now doesn’t that sound tasty?

IMG_3324

By the end we had created  fun new projects.   Some were complete, others very close. 

IMG_3332IMG_3333

Lynda’s flower and ladybug topper turned out so darling.  Little bugs need a bit more embellishing.

IMG_3314

Some projects were tedious, while others quick and easy.  Sue made this woodsy door draft pillow and Jill Carroll made these sweet pillow cases for new grand daughters.

IMG_3322

 

I think Joylyn is hiding behind this fun Halloween quilt.

IMG_3323

Janns  (yes, that would be me) sunflower quilt was fun, quick, and easy.  It’s nice to have a project like this every now and then.

IMG_3327

This turkey Sue was working on was dimensional.  Hers was so much cuter than the picture on the pattern.

IMG_3343IMG_3344

Right about now, my camera started acting up.  Don’t know what I had done, but all of the pictures are blurry.  Promise it wasn’t me , I had to have hit something.  No matter how hard I tried I could not get it to work.

I am going to post them anyway so you can see what  other fun projects were being tackled.

Jill Walker made this darling topper called ‘Dominos’.  Don’t you love the fabrics?

IMG_3336

IMG_3337

Lynda made this ‘Turning 20”.  I love the color combo.  Thank goodness we will have better pics when they show them completed at guild meeting.

IMG_3338

IMG_3339

The color in this quilt Jill C. made are all the latest fad.

IMG_3340 - Copy

Here are some blocks that Joylyn was working on.  These turtles are so fun!  won’t they make a wonderful quilt for a boy?

IMG_3359IMG_3360

Stars are always ‘STARS’ if you ask me.  I love any kind of star!

IMG_3358

I had a jelly roll that I  had gotten as an exchange gift.  I started this but ran out of white fabric.  Bought more when I got home and have made more blocks.  Hopefully I will get in the mood to sew it together.

IMG_3341

Joylyn gave each of us this sweet panel.

IMG_3349

We were nestled up in the mountains just outside of Fairview.  I didn’t take my camera when we went for walks, but I did get a few pictures of some of the antique quilts on the beds.

Again, blurry!  UGH!!!

IMG_3351

IMG_3353

IMG_3352

We had such a fun time!  Before we had left we were already anticipating plans to return in February.

2 comments:

  1. Per your photos, it looks like you had a lot of fun. Quilting friends are the best!! You do a great job with both your photography and write-ups.

    I think the Kennel girls are so-oooo special. It's so much fun to belong to your group.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a star even with some blurry pictures. Just looking at the pictures of the retreat stirs some great memories. I love the Dog Kennel Quilt Guild. Can't wait till next Tuesday for our luncheon.

    ReplyDelete