Sunday, July 4, 2010

A bit of a Schnibbles-June Guild Meeting

I have been meaning to do this post for the last two weeks.
Don't ask me why, but I never could get around to it. After
posting it I looked up and saw the date, July 4th. I thought
how appropriate. Maybe there is a reason for my procrastination!
What better day is there to show this darling patriotic Schnibbles
quilt than the birthday of our nation? I love this Country and thank
my Heavenly Father every day for the priviledge of being born here!



Raeann setting up her display for our Schnibbles class.
She is such a busy little beaver. Oh, wrong animal; should
I say, "such a well trained doggie"?


She is also a bundle of information. Here she is giving us a tip
on drawing a diagnol line down the center of a square to create
half square triangles. You move the ruler slightly off center.
Otherwise your line will not be exact. I surprise myself every
now and then. I actually did know this. She is such a good tipster
that they featured one of her ideas in American Patchwork &
Quilting magazine. It's the one she showed us in a previous guild
mtg. Using a view finder for fussy cutting. Great for eye spys!


The 'Decoy' Schnibbles


step by step progress


completed star block



Little pieces, but oh so fun!



Lynda Larson


Jill Carroll


Susann, Rae Anns friend


Jann Olson


show and tell-Susann started this years ago at Heartland Manor.
This store no longer exists, but she has a cute reminder of it.



Such a cheery quilt!


Love the fabrics! I have a quilt made from this same line.



Such a cute stop border. Very original!



When Susann showed her completed "block of the month"
quilt from American Quilters we were all in awe! So much
so that we are thinking of having it taught next year in our
guild. Up for it? Let us know, I say Rah-Rah, let's go!
Always be true to the RED, WHITE, and BLUE!



Close up detail



More detail, are you convinced yet?



Jill C. has been very busy quilting her own
banners. She was relunctant to show her
quilting. But as I'm sure you know it was
top knotch. She is a perfectionist!


Definately something to smile about.



This snowman will have facial features added.
Fun little guy!

1 comment:

  1. Jan ~ You always say the nicest things! You are such a sweetie! Thanks for the wonderful pictures and post that keep our memories alive!

    ReplyDelete